Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Dear Nominees

Disclaimer: I don't want to be politically correct, these are just my views and may not go down well with everyone. You should have your opinions that is important for democracy.

The mud slinging (read as election) season is here, so I would like to write about that. 
Every time the elections are near, we suddenly start hearing more about how muslims have been wronged by hindus and vice versa. I still don't understand the people who keep saying this are idiots or what? If there are riots in an area, people from both side die. That is common sense. But then again, common sense is not so common. I guess more so for the indian politicians. Blaming each other is the only thing they are fit for. Also, I believe in secularism but not appeasement.

Another common jibe that comes from every politician is that the other party has done nothing, we will do this. Some months back there was a ray of hope of a different kind of politics from AAP, but now they're no less politicos. I have my own reasons to say this while AAP supporters will think otherwise. My views are based on the reason that I think he still needs a lot of time to actually be able to govern people. Before he came to power I was pretty sure that he would do something about corruption, maybe he did. I don't think it will be fair to judge him from 49 days of tenure wether good or bad.  I lost interest in him when he made the govt with congress support, that too after swearing upon his children? I find it pathetic to be honest, how can people trust on his credibility is the question I want to ask everyone who wears the AAP cap. 

Moving on to my dear Rahul Gandhi and Mrs Sonia Gandhi, the latest from Mrs Sonia gandhi is the video where she says that BJP will rob India of bhartiyata. My first question to her is What is bhartiyata? That too by someone who speaks in italian accent English in the same video throughout. Pardon me ma'am but you need to first learn how to say bharatiyata like a bharatiya! Just FYI I have been a Bharatiya/ Hindustani the whole of my life.

After she explains it to me, I would like to see a proof that she is an Indian citizen by law. There have been a lot of claims from Mr Swamy that she is not. I wouldn't want to believe him unless she can prove otherwise. The same for her son who thinks Gujarat's development is a toffee model. I believe in Gujarat's development because I have seen it with my own eyes. I don't think they can show any papers other than the green ones with Gandhi's photo. 

In this election campaign the congress has come out to be a seriously confused lot. With Priyanka Gandhi Vadra saying Mr Manmohan Singh is the super PM in congress. What is Rahul Gandhi then? And may god save us if he comes to power as the PM! 
The worst thing in this mud slinging is insulting Mr Vajpayee, who is the tallest PM India has ever seen (apparently this was there on congress website). Yes his tenure saw Kargil but he fought and got it back, not like Manmohan Singh who had to run to USA after the beheading of Indian soldiers!  That is bhartiyata for you Mrs Sonia Gandhi! He was the one who did nuclear tests even after the world threatened to impose sanctions on us. That is hindustaniyat for you Mrs Sonia Gandhi. He was the first leader who spoke in Hindi in the UN general assembly. That is a super PM for you Mrs Priyanka Gandhi vadra. 
Coming down to Mr Modi, the bottomline is, I support him. People may say that he is not secular, I believe talking 125 crore Indians includes Muslims as well. People may say that he makes false claims of development, I have seen the development myself so let it be. 
Also at the same time, I don't believe that he is a magician who will come to power and with the magic wand transform India. In the end it is WE, the people of India who have to transform the country. Without which the anthem of our politicians will always be 
" Apna kaam banta bhaad main jaye janta...
Goonge beheron ki nagri kaun kisi ki sunta..."


- Yash Chandra

1 comment:

  1. Equally good one. Liked your analysis and conviction. May be Modi proves me wrong but he is a phenomena whic has happened already. It also does not imply that I support our dying Cong(I). Keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete